International Sales Management University Certificate
Acquire compact sales knowledge for the international market in just four months. In this module study programme you will deal with the structure and planning of a distribution system, the organisation of wholesale and retail functions as well as the coordination and control of distribution actors. In the classroom seminars, you work with your fellow students on innovative sales channels and strategic management approaches for complex sales systems. During the project week, you will visit well-known companies from the e-commerce sector as well as classic industrial companies and premium providers from the B2C sector. The project week is rounded off by working on a practical topic and the subsequent presentation.
At a glance
In a module study programme, you take a subject group (module) from a Master’s degree programme. This means that you do not participate in a complete degree programme, but only in a single module from the degree programme. You complete the module study programme with an examination. You will then receive a university certificate and a university transcript showing the ECTS credits earned. If you still want to take the Master’s programme at some point, you can have the completed module credited to you.
The module study International Sales Management consists of the following seminars:
- Development and planning of a distribution system
- Coordination and control of sales actors (in in-house and external sales)
- Requirements for innovative sales formats and multi-channel strategies
- International Sales Strategy (strategies for setting up and managing global or multinational sales systems)
Sales Channel Management and Alignment
- How can external sales actors be effectively controlled and managed? How can innovative sales channels and new media (e.g. e-commerce) be integrated into classic sales organisations? Which strategies are suitable in multi-channel sales to achieve positive “cross-channel selling” effects instead of “channel cannibalisation”?
- Strategic leadership approaches in classical trade and retail management
- Setting up, coordinating, managing and organising complex sales systems and the sales channels and actors within them.
- The goal is a holistic sales channel approach in which the individual sales channels and actors mutually benefit each other and act in a customer-oriented manner.
Sales Organisation Leadership
- Target group-specific management of sales organisation and the sales actors
- Sales as the central interface between customers and brand
- Management of the customer relationship throughout the entire product life cycle
- Key account management strategies (with B2B focus)
- Sales-focused personnel management and incentive systems
- Discussion of existing strategy concepts and innovative solutions in distribution
- Visiting reputable companies and exchanging experiences with company representatives
- Working on a practical topic and subsequent presentation
The module study comprises 150 teaching hours, which are covered in three event blocks within four months.
3 good reasons
Only study what really catches your interest
With a modular degree programme, you only study parts of a degree programme. This allows you to select the content that is relevant to you.
Keep the option open to catch up on your Master's degree
You will receive ECTS credits for the modules you have completed. If you are still interested in a Master’s programme at a later point in time, you can have the modules you have already completed credited to you. In this way, a degree programme can be completed in several stages.
Trust in academic quality
Benefit from our state-recognised and accredited offerings that really give you something to show for it. Our quality management ensures the high standards of our teaching with content-rich and well-structured schedules.
Join us for our virtual information evening and get to know us personally. Our team will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to our MBA programme, and we will be available to answer any questions you may have. We’re excited to connect with you and look forward to meeting you virtually!
You should meet the following admission criteria:
- A higher education degree (university, university of applied sciences, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University)
- At least two years of post-graduate vocational experience
- Good knowledge of English
BAlternative qualifications to those cited above will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please ensure you have the following documents to hand prior to submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae (bullet-point format)
- Passport photo (JPEG format)
- Certificate of academic qualification
- Evidence of your vocational experience
- Short personal statement written in English
To start in the summer semester: 15 January each year (30 November for international students)
FAQ & contact details
When is the application deadline?
- To start in the summer semester: 15 January each year (30 November for international students)
Is there an information event?
DDo you still have questions about the content, the programme or the application? At the virtual info evening on Zoom, we will introduce you to the MBA programme and answer your questions.